Our partnerships and grantmaking are best suited to organizations that meet the following Partner Criteria:
- Registered as a local and independent nonprofit*, managing an annual operating budget less than $1M USD.
- Locally-led, especially with women in leadership roles.
- Implementing successful programs that support rural communities in achieving self- sufficiency in under-served regions.
- Have a track record of successful program implementation
- Operating in a country that is considered in the low or medium category of Inequality-Adjusted Human Development Index (IHDI) in Africa and Latin America
*Nonprofit organizations made up of people born and raised in the regions where they work. These organizations are registered as independent nonprofits (or equivalent) in the countries where they operate. In addition, they have a functioning local and independent Board, and are trusted by and accountable to their communities, traditional leaders and local government.